Monday 25 May 2015

Cafe India Dingwall


Lamb Tikka Puri, this very mildly spiced and quite bland really, the Puri dough itself was a little undercooked, and the Lamb was quite chewy, but still not a bad start for the lunch set price of £7.95 for two courses for each person.























The Chicken Tikka Puri was more interesting, but still suffered from the raw pastry problem.





















The mains were a lot more successful, North Indian Garlic Chilli Lamb (left) built on a nice low heat with fresh Chillies. Prawn Pathia (right) was very sweet, but offset nicely with a decent heat, but personally I would have liked a lot more Chilli to top out that amount of sweetness. Or less sugar...





















Now the star, the perfect Garlic Naan. I need to make a tandoor at home I think, as I'm still not getting the crispy black blistering bubbles on my Naan without making the whole thing crisp. These Naans have gorgeous soggy bases that tear apart and crisp set bubbles around the outside. To me they nearly look like they could be made from a batter, that's been poured into a super hot round mould and then fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment